Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Busy Days and Progress - Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Whew!  Catch up time!
What a hectic couple of days it has been.  Unfortunately, not in a good way, either.  I have been catching up on my chores - my loving Honey casually mentioned that while some of my projects are in fact beautiful and actually add to the character or value of the house, it would really, really be nice if we had clean clothes to wear.  Or if we could use the tub in the bathroom that’s in the process of being finished, since the girls aren’t to be trusted in the shower stall upstairs.  You know, small things like that.  
*I told him, “But the blog is my job now!”.  :)    To which he replied, “When we see a paycheck, that might work.  Now, not so much!”  I know, I know.  But playing is sooo much fun!
Anyway, I made myself a list, on a “before” that I swear will someday turn into a beautiful  “after”, and am pleased that I made some huge progress on it.  
It’s embarrassing that I had to actually list taking a shower, but I swear, my kids can tear this place apart in even 5 minutes, much less the 20 I have to allot to get clean and then dry (not even style) my hair.  I set the alarm for 5:30 this morning, so I could have a little time to take care of myself, and don’t you know that Jon (age 8) got up at 5:35!  I tried to send him back to bed, but he’d already woken the puppy, who in turn woke the girls...  I sometimes think I live in a zoo!

Still, I got clean, got the 2 older kids off to school, had just enough time to grab brekkie at MickeyD’s (so Li’l T could play at their Playland, of course), and hit the Thrift in time to be third in line.  
And I scored!  I got the cabinet 

and picture frames I had staked out the night before, and managed to refrain from buying all the Willow Tree figurines that were there.  I did break down and buy the Angel of the Garden.  
She’ll fit right in.  
These is about half of my "collection".

I got some great upholstery fabric for 50 cents that will work perfectly in my bedroom and a pair of jeans apiece for D and I.  I have plans for every non-clothing piece I got, and I feel good about it all!
Then, by 11:30, I had given my mom a much-needed haircut, 
OK, so that's not really my mom...

and styled her up.  She looks good, folks!  Maybe she’s right and I should fit her in more that once every 4-5 months!  Yeah, I’m a bad girl...
But - then I called to check on that stupid vanity topper that should have been here weeks ago, and that’s holding up the rest of the bathroom’s completion.  Not good.  I spoke to the same lady I’ve been dealing with from the beginning, and when I gave her my name, she said, “They didn’t call you?!?”  I don’t know who “they” are, but no, obviously, no one called me.  She went on to mumble something about having to check on it, but that they might have discontinued the style we ordered.  Originally in February.  Then again in March, when she admitted she hadn’t placed the order. Yeah.  Maybe she’ll call back tomorrow.  Uh huh.  I’d hold my breath, but I don’t look good in that shade of blue.  Meanwhile, my in-laws are coming cross country to see us, and we’ll only have one working bathroom.  I’m oh so pleased!  
*For those of you who missed it, that part was sarcasm.
What else, what else...  then it got better again.  A gorgeous spring afternoon, so the kids could play after school, and ride their bikes.  There’s nothing better than snuggling up to a little one with the smell of sunshine and fresh air in their hair!  One totally junkie dinner later, they were all tucked in and I was able to go out with Sake in the back yard and just let her run as I enjoyed the sweet-smelling dusk.  She is one worn out little girl!  
Now I must wrap up, so that I might cross off a few more items from my list before calling it a night.  It’s only 9:30 10:30!  Have a great one, y’all!
xoxo,
Tami

No comments: